- A cup of room temperature water
- At least 2 nail polish colors (thin nail polish works best)
- 1 clear or white base coat
- Tape (we used packing tape since its extra sticky)
- Tooth picks
- Cotton swabs
- Nail polish remover
1. Apply a base coat to your nails. Once it's dry, use tape to mask off your nails. Wrap the tape around the back of your finger too, to protect it from polish.
2. Unscrew the lids of your polishes so that they're easy to access. Drop a bead of the first polish into the center of the water. Remember, we want room temperature water! if the water is too cold, your polish drop will sink to the bottom instead of spreading across the surface of the water. Then as the first bead spreads out, add a drop of the second polish color. Keep adding as many drops as you like, but remember that polish dries quickly-do this step as fast as possible!
3. Use a toothpick to swirl the colors together.
4. Find your favorite part of the swirled polish, and dip your taped -off nail against it and into the water.
5. Holding your nail in the water, lightly blow on the rest of the floating polish. Then, twirl your toothpick in the water to gather and remove the extra polish from the cup.
6. Take your finger out of the cup, and carefully remove the tape around your nail. Use your cotton swab and polish remover to clean up any excess polish.
Here are some combination of nail arts.
Will you be trying this nail art idea? What trends or techniques would you love to see the nails try next!!
Hope you all like my post